EVEREST X / EVEREST
System Software Upgrade
This system upgrade is the latest system software for your Everest X and Everest recorders. It contains new features and enhancements for your recorder, as well as fixes for customer reported problems. Please review the important notice below before installing the Everest X / Everest system software. If your software version is 1.71 or lower, please contact our Technical Support Department before upgrading to discuss options available to you before upgrading. If your software version is 1.8 (which was released October 19, 2001) or higher, you can simply download and install the latest software.
You can verify the System Software level of your Everest X / Everest by pressing the Home Menu icon button on the Control Panel. Then press the Help sub-menu button and choose About.
See below for upgrade instructions.
Offline Software (SRS-PC)
This is the latest version of Offline Software (SRS-PC). This software supports the Everest X and Everest.
If you are currently using this software, please contact AstroNova Technical Support for a username and password to download. If you are not a user and would like to purchase Offline Software (SRS-PC), please contact AstroNova Customer Service.
The Offline Software (SRS-PC) supports Windows 98, Windows 2000 and Windows XP operating systems.
Upgrade instructions for the Everest X and Everest system software:
There are two methods for installing the Everest X / Everest system software: USB flash drive/Zip Disk upgrade or Ethernet upgrade.
USB flash drive upgrade method (Everest X only)
- After downloading, copy the file to a USB flash drive.
- Insert the USB flash drive into the Everest X.
- On the Everest X, press Menu Home icon button> Service > Utilities. Choose the Upgrade button. The Everest X software will be upgraded.
Zip Disk upgrade method (Everest only)
- After downloading, copy the file to a Zip disk.
- Insert the Zip disk into the Everest.
- On the Everest, press Menu Home icon button> Service > Utilities. Choose the Upgrade button. The Everest software will be upgraded.
Ethernet upgrade method (both Everest X and Everest)
- The Everest X / Everest system software must be running, it must not be at the operating system.
- Using a 3rd party FTP software, send the upgrade file to the C:\Everest\upgrade folder.
- Once the file is transferred, on the Everest X / Everest, press Menu Home icon button> Service > Utilities. Choose the Upgrade button.
- Follow the normal upgrade procedure, including the power off at the end.
To use FTP Applications with the Everest X / Everest:
- Ensure the Everest X / Everest is on and properly connected to a network.
- Verify that the FTP server within the Everest X / Everest is turned on: press Menu Home icon button >> Communication >> FTP to open the FTP window. Choose the On FTP Server option to activate the FTP server. Choose the Get option to indicate that a file will be retrieved.
- Launch a file transfer protocol (FTP) application using a computer connected to the same network. Log into the Everest X / Everest with the following information:
- Username: everest
- Password: everest (or other system password if changed)
- FTP Address: ftp:// 192.168.255.1/ (or other IP address if changed)